Risotto with Foustani’s Apollon Sausage and Curcuma
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Chef: Stathis Lazaridis
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 cup Apollon Sausage Foustanis sausage cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted cow butter
- 1 medium onion, very chopped
- clove of garlic, sprinkled
- 2 cups of arborio rice or carnation
- 1 ½ cup of dry white wine
- 5 cups hot chicken broth
- ¼ tsp of sweet turmeric
- 1 ¼ cup of ginger grated
- 1 ½ sweet pumpkin in cubes
- 1 cup parmesan grated
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- In a pan, pour the sausage and cook for 5 minutes. Add ½ cup of wine and let it boil until it absorbs its liquids. Remove and leave aside.
- In a heavy and tight pot, heat half the butter and sauté the onion and garlic until they become transparent, about 5 minutes. Pour the rice, pumpkin and continue sautéing on medium heat for about 3 minutes until the rice is polished. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon and carefully salt.
- Gradually add the wine and leave until the alcohol evaporates. Add spoonful – spoonful the hot broth into which you have broken the turmeric.
- Boost the temperature until the risotto begins to boil vigorously for 1-2 minutes. Then, lower the temperature to simmer. You do not stop stirring at all with the wooden ladle to open the grains of rice. Cook until most fluids (about 80%) are absorbed continuously stirring.
- Finally, add the ginger and the remaining butter, frozen from the fridge, parmesan cheese and sausage, and stir in rapid motion until the risotto is poured. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.